- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, plus add'l amount for sprinkling optional
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk room temperature
- 1 stick 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, zest, juice, and milk. Once combined, whisk in butter.
Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixture is just combined.
Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, adding a scant 1/4 cup to each.
Sprinkle with sugar (optional).
Bake until tops spring back when lightly touched, about 20 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.