Jalapeño Corn Muffins!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- add'l amount melted butter to grease tin
- 3/4 cup non-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- unsaled butter (for serving)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brush the cups of a standard 12 cup muffin tin with melted butter; set aside.
Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and sour cream in a medium bowl until combined; set aside
Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, jalapeño peppers, and corn in a large bowl until combined.
With a rubber spatula, fold buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture until well combined, then fold in melted butter.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Let muffins cool in tin for 5 minutes.
Turn out into a basket or bowl lined with a clean kitchen towel; cover to keep warm.
Serve slightly warm with butter and enjoy!
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.