Healthy Morning Muffins
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 8 carrots)
- 2 ripened medium bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Grease 10 cups of a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with 10 paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until there are no lumps.
Stir in 1 3/4 cups of oats and raisins.
Add oil, eggs, milk, carrots, and mashed bananas; stir until blended - be careful to not over-mix.
Fill each muffin cup with 3/4 cup batter.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup oats over muffins.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool in tin for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack.
Serve slightly warm or room temperature and enjoy!
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.