- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- +small add'l amount of vegetable oil for tin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer - cover, and cook until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender (usually 11 to 13 minutes).
Brush a standard 12 cup muffin tin with oil, dust with flour, tap out excess.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, raisins and 2 cups cooked quinoa; reserve any leftover quinoa for another use.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, milk, egg, and vanilla and then add milk mixture to flour mixture - stir just until combined.
Divide muffin batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. 350°F
Cool muffins in muffin tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe NotesBe careful not to overcook the quinoa, or to use more than the required amount of water. The grains of quinoa should be tender but separate, rather than mushy and clumped together.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.