Pecan Pie Muffins
These might not be able to compete with the gooey goodness that is your mom's classic pecan pie, but these pecan pie muffins are incredibly indulgent and flavorful. We made a batch the other night and shared them around. They were a HUGE HIT!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- caramel or chocolate sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F
Generously grease 12 muffin cups, ensuring that they are greased well or the muffins will stick.
In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans; set aside.
In a separate beat butter and eggs together until blended well.
Fold wet ingredients in into dry ingredients just until combined.
Spoon batter into muffin tins filling about 2/3 full.
Bake 15-17 minutes.
Run a knife around the edge of each muffin and pop them out and set on tray to cool.
Serve warm with caramel or chocolate topping (if desired) or also goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Recipe NotesPersonally, we found these pecan pie muffins sweet sweet enough that topping with caramel or chocolate seemed unnecessary.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.