Orange-Nut Muffins are an orange-flavored treat that does down well no matter what time it is!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice from concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup melted butter cool slightly
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded grange peel (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoon orange juice
In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
In medium bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, orange juice concentrate, and melted butter; add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in walnuts.
Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Fill the cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake in a 400° F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden. Remove the muffins from the pans.
In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange peel, and enough orange juice (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe NotesNote: To make 1/2 cup sour milk, place 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1/2 cup liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using it in a recipe.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.