Maple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted better
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Grease twelve 2-1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper liners; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine oats and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
Stir maple syrup, melted butter and egg into oats mixture and add all at once to flour mixture - stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
Fold half of the pecans into the batter.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Bake in a 400°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Remove muffins from muffin cups and serve warm.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.