Gluten-free, No Sugar Added Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- +2 teaspoons almond flour for coating apples
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- +1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon for coating apples
- 2 cups diced apples, any variety
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Xantham gum (for thickening)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Spray muffin tins with bakers/cooking spray or coat well with shortening or butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour from tins after coating. We do not recommend paper liners for this recipe due to the use of Xanthan gum as a thickening agent.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
Toss together diced apples and 2 teaspoons of almond flour to coat apples in a separate bowl; set aside.
Cream together butter and Splenda until lightened in color, about 3 minutes.
Add each egg, one at a time, taking care to blend well before adding the other egg.
Mix in vanilla extract.
Gently fold the almond flour mixture, alternating with the milk and stir until just combined.
Fold in diced apples and scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of muffin.
Once muffins have baked, remove from oven and allow to cool sightly in the muffin tins.
Place onto a plate to finish cooling or serve warm.
Topping is optional but highly recommended as it really accentuates the flavor of the muffins!
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.