Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
I found this recipe for these flour-less "Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins (French Breakfast Puffs)" over at Creations by Kara and thought I would share.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for topping (see notes)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture (see notes)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease 10 tins or line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl; set aside.
Cream butter and sugar till fluffy and then add egg, vanilla and milk.
Stir in dry ingredients, just until moist.
Using a large cookie scoop or measuring cup, add the batter to the liners to about 2/3 way full each.
Bake at 350° for about 18 minutes.
While still warm, brush tops with melted butter, then roll muffins in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Recipe NotesCinnamon-Sugar Mixture: We suggest mixing up 1/2 cup of sugar with 1-2 tsp of cinnamon and keep it in a container/shaker with other spices for use with recipes. If you are rolling the entire muffin in butter, you will need about 1/3 cup instead of 2 tablespoons.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.