Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I found this recipe for these "Cinnamon Apple Muffins" from over at add a pinch and thought I would share. I have adapted this recipe to a gluten-free and sugar-free version which you can find here "Gluten-free, Sugar-free Apple Cinnamon Muffins".
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (for coating apples)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for coating apples)
- 2 cups diced apples any variety
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Spray muffin tins with bakers/cooking spray or coat well with shortening or butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour from tins after coating.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
Toss together diced apples and 2 teaspoons of flour to coat apples in a separate bowl; set aside.
Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes.
Add each egg, one at a time, taking care to blend well before adding the other egg.
Mix in vanilla extract.
Gently fold the flour mixture, alternating with the milk and stir until just combined.
Fold in diced apples and scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of muffin.
Prepare topping for muffins while the muffins are baking by melting the butter and allowing to cool slightly.
Pour butter into a separate bowl sized easy for dipping tops of muffins.
Mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl; set aside.
Once muffins have baked, remove from oven and allow to cool sightly in the muffin tins.
Remove each muffin and dip, first in butter, and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Place onto a plate to finish cooling or serve warm.
Recipe NotesTopping is optional but highly recommended as it really accentuates the flavor of the muffins!
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.