Raspberry Crumb Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (or sub sour cream)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
Streusel Crumb Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 8 tablespoon melted butter
Make crumb topping by stirring flour, sugar and lemon zest together.
Add melted butter and stir to combine. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F
Grease tins or line muffin tins with paper liners.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a larger bowl mix eggs, yogurt and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with batter.
Top with raspberries (about 4-5 raspberries each to cover the batter)
Then distribute topping over the raspberries.
Bake 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (a few loose crumbs or bits of raspberries are acceptable but no wet batter).
Allow to cool in muffin tins for 5-10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely. Can be served warm or room temperature.
Raspberry Crumb Muffins can also be individually wrapped and frozen. To serve after freezing simply unwrap a muffin and microwave 10-45 seconds.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.