Pick-A-Flavor Honey-Wheat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup raisins
In a large bowl, stir together both flours, baking powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, oil, milk and honey - add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
Fold in raisins (see below for variations).
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease muffin tins or line cups with paper liners.
Without stirring, fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes - remove from pans and serve warm.
Banana-Walnut - In Step 1, omit raisins, and instead fold in 1 large banana, chopped, and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted. Continue as directed.
Chocolate-Dried Cherry - In Step 1, omit raisins, and instead fold in 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/3 cup dried cherries. Continue as directed.
Blueberry-Orange - In Step 1, omit raisins, and instead fold in 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Continue as directed.
Veggie-Confetti - In Step 1, fold 3/4 cup shredded carrot and/or zucchini into the batter. Continue as directed.
Cranberry-Lemon - In Step 1, omit raisins, and instead fold in 3/4 cup dried cranberries and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Continue as directed.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.