Apple Muffins (grain-free, gluten-free)
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal or almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grain-free baking powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and diced apples
Streusel Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil room temerature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts about ¼" in size
Streusel Topping Instructions
First prepare your streusel topping by mixing everything together, except nuts, in small bowl and combine well.
Add the nuts to the mixture and blend well; set aside.
Preheat oven 425°F.
Grease tins or line with paper liners.
In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
In a large bowl together the wet muffin ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to just combine. Do not over-mix.
Fold the peeled and diced apples into the mix.
Pour 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin cup (about 14).
Sprinkle streusel topping on top of each.
Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes and then lower temperature to 350°F and bake another 8-15 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffin comes out clean.
Let muffins cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins are super moist and need refrigerated after 24 hours in air tight container.
8 minutes for smaller muffins larger ones need the longer time.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.