World's Best Bran Muffins
I found this recipe for the "World's Best Bran Muffins" over at taratsp. Try them yourself for breakfast, dinner or for a snack and they are bound to be a new family favorite!
- 2 1/4 cups All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup dried raisins, dried currants or dried cherries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups low fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- raw sugar crystals optional
Preheat oven 400°F
In a food processor finely grind 1/2 the cereal.
Add the raisins and blend until finely chopped.
Transfer mixture to a bowl with remaining cereal, flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Combine butter, eggs, yogurt,molasses and vanilla.
Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
Line muffin tins with paper liners. Fill each just more than half way.
Sprinkle generously with sugar crystals if desired.
Bake for about 18 minutes, until muffins spring back when touched.
Remove muffins from tin and allow to cool slightly.
Serve, eat and enjoy!
If you don't want to make a whole batch you can store the remaining batter in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.