Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice *see notes for substitutions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup regular or greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar save for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon save for topping
Preheat oven 425° and line 12 cup muffin pan with papers.
In a large bowl toss together flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. set aside.
In medium bowl stir the butter and sugar together. Then add the pumpkin puree, eggs and yogurt. Whisk until smooth.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
Divide batter into the muffin cups.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425° and then reduce to 350° and bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe Notes*As a substitute for pumpkin spice you can use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.