Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk more if needed
Topping and Filling
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 dash vanilla
Preheat oven 400°
Generously grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
In a large bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients together until well combined.
Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture stirring only until just combined.
Combine all the filling and topping ingredients. Gently fold half the mixture into the muffin batter.
Spoon muffin batter into each tin (about 1/4 cup) Top with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until muffins spring back when press lightly.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly and then transfer them carefully to a wire rack.
Whisk together all the frosting ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the muffins and enjoy! 🙂
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.