- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
In a food processor, combine the spread ingredients; cover and process until well blended.
Transfer spread to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved. Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Serve warm with espresso spread.
1 muffin with 1 tablespoon spread = 273 kcal
Source: originally published as Cappuccino Muffins in 'Taste of Home' October/November 1999, p25
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.