Blueberry Thunder Muffin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven 350° degrees.
Line sixteen standard size muffin cups (or 6 jumbo cups) with paper baking cups; set aside.
In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup sugar; beat until well combined. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla (mixture will look slightly curdled).
Stir into flour mixture until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently stir in blueberries.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each nearly full.
In a small bowl combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over batter.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes (jumbo 35-40 minutes) or until golden and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and serve warm.
Recipe NotesMakes 16 standard or 6 jumbo muffins.
Source: MidwestLiving Blueberry Thunder Muffins.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.