Roasted Garlic Cheddar Muffins
These savory muffins are chock full of nutty roasted garlic and sharp white cheddar cheese goodness and are a perfect companion for soup, salad or pasta! Makes 12 muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teasponn salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 taplesoon butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 large head of garlic large
- 1 teasponn garlic powder optional
- 1 taplesoon olive oil
- 1 taplesoon oregano sprinkle on top as desired
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cut the top quarter off the head of garlic so that cloves are exposed, discard top quarter.
Place head of garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and wrap garlic up in the foil.
Place garlic in foil on a small baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until cloves are soft.
While garlic is roasting, prepare a muffin pan (12 muffin) with non stick spray or paper liners.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
When garlic is done roasting, squeeze the cooled pulp from the cloves into a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
Whisk the eggs, butter, and milk into the mashed garlic, set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir just until combined.
Gently stir in the cheese, being careful not to over mix.
Fill muffin cups evenly with batter, and sprinkle with oregano as desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until muffins have lightly browned.
Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #goldenmuffins #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.